If you believe your child’s pediatrician made a mistake that led to a severe and debilitating injury, attorney Chris Mellino welcomes you to contact our Cleveland office for a free consultation. You may also download or request Chris’ free, easy-to-read guide to filing a pediatric malpractice claim in Ohio.
Our law firm specializes in:
- Brain injuries – Failure to monitor a patient during surgery can result in a lack of oxygen to the brain or a drop in blood pressure. Medication errors and anesthesia complications may also cause permanent brain damage.
- Meningitis – Misdiagnosing meningitis gives the disease time to spread. In the most serious cases, meningitis can lead to deafness, brain injuries, or death.
- Strep infections – Without proper treatment, strep infections, which are most common between the ages of 5 and 15 per the Mayo Clinic, can cause complications such as scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, or kidney inflammation.
- Bacterial infections – As MedlinePlus states, “Any type of bacteria can cause septic shock,” which can damage the brain, heart, intestines, kidneys, and liver.
- Pneumococcal disease – According to the CDC, pneumococcal infections can cause meningitis, resulting in the death of 1 in 10 children under age 5, bacteremia, resulting in the death of 4 in 100 children, pneumonia, or sinus and ear infections.
Failure to diagnose or the wrong diagnosis of an illness or infection can prolong the condition and cause further problems. Since children often can’t tell a doctor what hurts, it’s important that healthcare providers be especially attentive to possible symptoms. If you have questions about pediatric malpractice, attorney Chris Mellino invites you to contact our Cleveland office today.