Roundup weed killer produced by Monsanto, which is also owned by Bayer, has been linked to an increased risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other rare forms of cancer. Federal juries in California have awarded plaintiffs who brought Roundup weed killer lawsuits multimillion-dollar awards after it was determined that the product was carcinogenic. Now, people from around the country are speaking up, telling their stories, and seeking justice for themselves.
Are you battling cancer that you believed was caused by Roundup weed killer? You deserve as much rest as you can get. To see if you can file a claim and pursue compensation and peace of mind without adding stress to your life, come to The Mellino Law Firm LLC in Cleveland. Our attorneys would be proud to represent you.
Why choose The Mellino Law Firm LLC?
- We have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients in the past.
- We have 30+ years of total legal experience.
- We regularly take on tough defendants, like product manufacturers and healthcare groups.
- We are well-rated and awarded for our case results and legal abilities.
Compassionate legal advocacy is a phone call away. Just dial (440) 276-3535 when you need us.
Why is Roundup Weed Killer So Dangerous?
According to the successful claims brought against Monsanto already, Roundup weed killer relies on a substance known as glyphosate. This substance has been suspected as a likely carcinogen – something that causes cancer in humans – by the World Health Organization (WHO) since 2015. Although, earlier research shows that glyphosate has been suspected as dangerous for a while.
Monsanto may have even known about the defects and dangers of basing a weed killer on glyphosate for years but did not act to warn consumers. This possibility accounts for the large punitive damages that have been awarded to plaintiffs in their Roundup weed killer lawsuits. Monsanto and Bayer each deny that Roundup is dangerous at all, though. If you want compensation from these companies for selling you a reportedly-hazardous product, then you are going to have to fight them in court for it. Make certain you are ready by getting The Mellino Law Firm LLC on your side.
Successful Lawsuits Against Monsanto
The following cases are examples of successful Roundup weed killer lawsuits so far. Note: The Mellino Law Firm LLC were not involved in either of these cases. They are merely used as an example.
- Case 1: A California groundskeeper used Roundup weed killer for only a couple of years due to his occupation. In that short stretch of time, he began to notice skin irritation and rashes. When diagnosed with terminal non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, he and his doctors suspected it was due to the continued use of Roundup. A jury awarded him nearly $290 million, which would later be reduced to $78 million.
- Case 2: Another California man who used Roundup around his property regularly for decades developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The lawsuit brought against Monsanto ended in 2019 with an $80 million federal jury award from a San Francisco court. $75 million of that award was designated as a punitive damages.
Find Out If You Have a Case – Call (440) 276-3535
About 11,000 other people in situations just like yours have already reached out to law firms across the country for help with their Roundup weed killer lawsuits. You should, too. You may be able to collect damages to pay for lost wages, medical treatments, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and a shortened life expectancy.
Call (440) 276-3535 to connect with the Cleveland Roundup lawsuit attorneys of The Mellino Law Firm LLC. We stand tall for what is right, which means Monsanto should answer for hiding the dangers of their products and putting consumers in danger. This is what we have been doing for decades, and we do it well.
Contact us nowto schedule a no-cost consultation with our firm.