Meghan C. Lewallen
In the first 14 months of her career, Meghan sat second chair in four medical malpractice trials and, according to Chris Mellino, “Meghan’s poise and demeanor in the courtroom are beyond what you would expect for someone of her age and experience.”
Meghan always knew that she wanted to be an attorney. Even as an undergraduate student at Miami University, Meghan pursued a degree in business because she wanted to train herself to think logically, analytically.
“My business degree taught me how to identify and pursue long- and short-term goals, strategies, and outcomes for my clients,” she says.
Then, during her second year of law school, Meghan first recognized her interest in becoming a trial attorney. She was working for the Honorable Judge James S. Gwin and the excitement and adrenaline she experienced in the courtroom opened her eyes to a career as a trial attorney. Meghan further honed her passion while clerking for a local medical malpractice law firm where she realized “how much people need our voice to bring them justice.”
Upon graduating cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in May 2013, Meghan joined The Mellino Law Firm as an associate. Chris Mellino says Meghan is an invaluable asset to the team because she’s bright and hardworking, as evidenced by the fact that she was selected as one of eight students to be published in the Cleveland State Law Review.
“Also,” says Chris, “I like having both a male and female perspective on cases. It is very helpful when we are trying to assess how jurors are perceiving things or how witnesses present themselves. Having someone on our team that is younger also helps us relate to issues that are relevant to the younger people on our juries.” He tested Meghan’s mettle during her first week as an attorney by inviting her to sit second chair in a case involving an anesthesia error. That client was awarded a $3 million verdict.
“When I work for a client, I understand that they are placing their trust in me,” Meghan says. “That faith in my abilities—that trust—makes me work even harder. I always go the extra mile to attain justice for my clients.”
Injured in an accident or as a result of medical negligence? Call The Mellino Law Firm at (440) 276-3535 for a free consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer in Cleveland.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Miami University, B.S., 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
Awards and Recognitions
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2016-2019
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- West Shore Bar Association
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- “Cloud Computing: A Lawyer’s Ethical Duty to Act With Reasonable Care When Storing Client Confidences ‘In the Cloud’” Cleveland State Law Review February 2013
- “1006 Summary Witness: The Nurse as a Summary Provider,” CATA News, Spring 2014
- Associate Board Member at the West Side Catholic Center
- Ambassador’s Committee Member of The First Tee of Cleveland