Christopher has represented clients in medical negligence, truck accident, wrongful death, defective product, and birth and brain injury cases for more than 30 years. While with the firm Kampinski & Mellino, the Cleveland Plain Dealer said the duo “set the standard for big medical malpractice payouts in Ohio.”
Chris has been involved in several landmark cases, including Moskovitz v. Mt. Sinai Medical Center (1994) (establishing the right to punitive damages for altered medical records) and Watkins v. Cleveland Clinic Foundation (1998) (case involving ghost surgery). The Mellino Law Firm obtained a $12.5 million settlement on behalf of a 51-year-old father of five who fell into a persistent vegetative state following heart surgery and a $28.7 million verdict for a child who suffered birth injuries. Chris has achieved verdicts and settlements against all of the hospitals in the Cleveland area.
A member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Chris has established a formidable network of experts to consult on cases. Committed to the highest standard of excellence, his peers have recognized him in Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers® since 2009. Since 1999, peers have also bestowed Martindale-Hubbell’s® prestigious Preeminent AV® rating, which is based on legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and experience. He is the author of the book Was It A Mistake, an in-depth guide to medical malpractice in Ohio. He previously served as chair of the medical malpractice section of the Ohio Association for Justice and has served on the board of the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys and was co-editor of CATA News.
Chris founded a social justice scholarship program in Lakewood that engages eighth-grade students with local service organizations and projects to increase awareness about justice in our society.
Throughout his 30-year career, numerous Cleveland publications have contacted Chris for comment.
If you need a personal injury or medical malpractice attorney in Cleveland or the nearby areas, call The Mellino Law Firm at (440) 276-3535 and request a free consultation.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 1984, J.D., cum laude
- Cleveland State University, OH, 1981, B.A.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
Awards and Recognitions
- Highest Possible Peer Review Rating (AV) for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by Martindale Hubbell since 1999
- Recognized as Best Lawyer by US News and World Report 2009-2019
- Super Lawyer 2009-2019
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Society
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Society
- Recognized as Top 100 Litigation Lawyers by American Society of Legal Advocates
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100
- Accepted into International Society of Primerus Law Firms
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice