When someone else’s carelessness or negligence causes you to be catastrophically injured in an accident on the Ohio turnpike or elsewhere in the Cleveland area, you may find it necessary to hire a personal injury attorney, particularly since the insurance company’s main goal is to minimize the amount of compensation to which you’re entitled.
An experienced trial lawyer can help you when:
- you’re running close to the time in which the statute of limitations would prevent you from challenging any settlement that is offered;
- your injuries or disability may lead to long-term rehabilitation;
- you face future medical costs and/or lost wages that you don’t feel are being compensated;
- the other driver doesn’t have car insurance or has only minimal coverage;
- the insurance company is pressuring you to agree to a quick settlement; and
- there is a dispute as to who was at fault.
Not every motor vehicle accident will merit a lawsuit. For instance, bruises and minor injuries won’t justify the cost of hiring a personal injury attorney. On the other hand, if you’ve suffered debilitating injuries or lost a loved one, it’s important to act quickly in order to protect your rights. Attorney Chris Mellino welcomes you to contact our Cleveland office with any questions you may have.