There are many questions you should ask before hiring a personal injury attorney in Cleveland. First and foremost, you should ask about experience. If you hire your sister’s divorce lawyer rather than someone who specializes in your type of case, you may not receive all of the compensation to which you may be entitled for medical expenses, rehabilitation, lost wages, and the like.
How to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: Additional Questions to Ask
In addition to experience, you should ask the following questions:
- What is your opinion of my case?
- What documents will you need me to provide?
- What legal organizations are you actively involved in?
- Have you earned any professional honors or awards?
- What settlements and verdicts have you achieved for other clients in Cleveland, Ohio?
- Are you willing to take a case to trial if the other side doesn’t offer a fair settlement?
- Have you ever gone to trial?
- Will you be the attorney handling my case?
- How will we communicate, by phone or email?
- What happens if I lose my case?
It’s also important to ask a personal injury attorney about fees, so you won’t face any surprises when your case concludes. If your lawyer charges a contingency fee, he or she won’t get paid unless you get paid. If he or she charges by the hour, you should know this up front.
If you’re still wondering about how to hire a lawyer, you should take advantage of free consultations, during which you can ask the questions listed above and get a feel for how the attorney may be able to help you.
How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim in Cleveland?
Attorney Chris Mellino welcomes you to contact them with any questions you may have about an accident, an injury, or Ohio’s statute of limitations.