Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider or a medical facility injures a patient under his/her/its care.
A healthcare professional can include a:
- anesthesiologist; and
- any other type of professional who works in the medical field.
A healthcare facility could include a hospital, clinic, or pharmacy.
In order to prove negligence, the plaintiff must show that the doctor or facility deviated from the standard of care another doctor or facility would have demonstrated.
Some examples of malpractice include:
- IV errors;
- misdiagnosing a medical condition;
- leaving a surgical instrument inside a patient;
- giving the wrong medication; and
- failing to monitor a patient.
If you have questions about medical malpractice, attorney Chris Mellino welcomes you to contact our Cleveland office. We offer specialized medical knowledge, exceptional trial skills, superior negotiating talent, and, most importantly, a track record of results. To learn more, request our free, easy-to-read guide to filing a claim in Ohio.