If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one as a result of an accident or medical malpractice, you likely have many questions. You may be unsure whether or not you have a case. You are likely wondering how you will be able to afford the unexpected expense of medical treatment. If your injuries prevent you from working or you depended on a now-deceased loved one for income, your concerns are that much more urgent. And, of course, this is nothing compared to the physical, mental, and emotional consequences of being involved in a serious accident or losing a loved one due to negligence.
At The Mellino Law Firm, we understand that you have many questions. Our Cleveland medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys have helped countless clients fight for justice and fair recoveries. Here, we’ve compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about medical malpractice, personal injury, and wrongful death claims. Browse our FAQs or get in touch with us today to request a free, no-obligation consultation. Led by our founding attorney, Chris Mellino, we have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients and held numerous negligent parties accountable for the harm they have caused.
Read on to find answers to your personal injury and medical malpractice FAQs or call (440) 276-3535 for a free consultation with one of our Cleveland attorneys.
- Do I Have a Case?
- How Much Is My Case Worth?
- What Should I Ask an Ohio Personal Injury Attorney Before I Hire Him or Her?
Medical Malpractice FAQs
- How Is Medical Malpractice Defined in Ohio?
- What’s the General Timeline of a Medical Malpractice Case?
- Are Punitive Damages Awarded in Ohio Medical Malpractice Claims?
- Are There Caps on Damages in Cleveland Medical Malpractice Claims?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim Against a Plastic Surgeon in Cleveland, Ohio?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim Against a Specialist?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim for a Hospital-Acquired Infection?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim for an Anesthesia Overdose in Cleveland, Ohio?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim If Surgery Caused Nerve Damage?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Cleveland, Ohio, If I Wasn’t Permanently Injured?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Ohio for Misdiagnosis?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit for PTSD?
- Can I File a Medical Malpractice Suit for an Anesthesia Mistake in Cleveland, Ohio?
- Dangerous Drugs, Surgical Errors, and Birth Injuries Account for Many Malpractice Lawsuits
- How Can I Find out If My Cleveland, Ohio, Doctor Has Been Sued for Medical Malpractice?
- How Can I Prevent Myself from Falling Victim to Medical Malpractice in Cleveland?
- How Does a Medical Malpractice Attorney Prove that a Doctor Breached the Standard of Care?
- How Does a Medical Malpractice Trial Usually Proceed?
- How Much Time Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim for My Child’s Injury in Cleveland, Ohio?
- How Should I Choose a Medical Malpractice Attorney in Cleveland, Ohio?
- The Definition of Medical Negligence
- Types of Medical Malpractice
- What Are Damages in a Medical Malpractice Claim?
- What Are Punitive Damages in an Ohio Medical Malpractice Claim?
- What Are the Most Common Medical Malpractice Lawsuits?
- What Is and Is Not Medical Malpractice?
- What Is Anesthesia Malpractice?
- What Is Involved in Finding an Expert Witness Who Will Be Willing to Testify Against the Doctor or Hospital in My Case?
- What Is Medical Malpractice and What Are Some Examples?
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Medical Malpractice Case in Ohio?
- What Is the Value of a Medical Malpractice Claim in Ohio?
- What Is Wrong Site Surgery and Can I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
- What Kind of Evidence Is Required in a Medical Malpractice Claim?
- What Medical Personnel, Other Than a Doctor, Can Be Held Liable for Medical Malpractice in Cleveland, Ohio?
- What Questions Should I Ask My Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Personal Injury FAQs
- FAQs about Products Liability
- Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for My Accident?
- Are There Time Limits in Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit for a Car Accident in Cleveland, Ohio?
- How Can I Keep from Damaging My Car Accident Claim?
- I Was Injured in an Accident and the Pain Still Lingers. What Is Chronic Pain Syndrome?
- My Doctor Won’t Release My Medical Records – Can an Attorney Help Me Get Them?
- What Are the Possible Complications of a Burn Injury?
- What Evidence Is Necessary for a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
- What Evidence Will I Need to Prove a Commercial Truck Caused My Cleveland, Ohio, Accident?
- What Should I Look for in a Car Accident Attorney?
- Who Regulates Commercial Trucking Companies in the United States?