Help Prevent Surgical Errors: Tips from a Cleveland Medical Malpractice Attorney
Everyone has read or heard about a surgical mistake and its aftermath. Though you can’t prevent someone from making a mistake, you can be proactive in helping to prevent becoming the victim of medical malpractice.
Before your surgery, be sure to:
- Ask what you can expect prior to the surgery;
- Ask whether any non-surgical options are available;
- Read the paperwork you are asked to sign and make sure you understand its implications;
- Follow your doctor’s pre-surgery instructions; and
- Make sure your name is visible and legible somewhere on your body.
You may also want to seek a second opinion, especially if you suspect that your doctor is under the influence.
Unfortunately, accidents happen in every profession, so protecting yourself from a mistake can only go so far. If you believe your doctor caused an injury, the medical malpractice attorneys at Mellino Law Firm welcome you to call (440) 276-3535 to schedule a free case evaluation.