Breast Augmentation and Medical Malpractice
If a plastic surgeon made a mistake while performing your breast augmentation, contact our Cleveland office for a free consultation. If, on the other hand, you’re considering breast implants or reduction, please be aware of the following risks.
Medical Mistakes Associated with Breast Augmentation
- Capsular contracture – when the incorrect surgical technique is used, scar tissue can develop, constrict the implant, and cause disfigurement and pain.
- Loss of sensation – improperly performed surgery can lead to numbness in the breast and nipple area.
- Asymmetry – If implants are not filled or inserted correctly, the breasts can appear uneven in size, shape, or level.
- Rupture or deflation – a faulty implant can leak or tear, inflicting pain, infection, and deformity.
- Calcification – hard lumps around the implant can be mistaken for cancer during a mammogram, which could result in unnecessary surgery or treatment.
- Seroma – fluid from infection may collect around the implant and cause pain, swelling, and bruising.
If your plastic surgery caused severe and debilitating pain or disfigurement, we invite you to call or contact us with any questions you may have. Medical malpractice attorneys who specialize in cosmetic procedures can help you pursue compensation for medical bills, additional surgeries, lost wages, and other damages. You may also save someone else from suffering the same injury.