An Ohio medical malpractice lawsuit may be able to help families of children unfairly injured at the hands of their doctors seek the compensation they so desperately need to offset additional care. Call now to learn about filing a pediatric malpractice case in Ohio.
Nothing is quite as devastating as Ohio medical malpractice cases involving children. Often, suffering families find one of their most viable options is filing a pediatric medical malpractice lawsuit, but few individuals understand what it takes to go up against hospitals and insurance companies. Mellino Robenalt, LLC is based in Ohio and has a medical malpractice lawyer team in Cleveland available to provide legal representation for victims.
Our track record of successfully resolving pediatric malpractice cases demonstrates that we understand the procedures necessary for handling these legal matters. We don’t have to learn the relevant law or the necessary processes, which allows us to delve immediately into your case.
We Address all Types of Pediatric Malpractice Cases in Ohio
At the Cleveland-based Mellino Robenalt, LLC, we can effectively handle all types of pediatric malpractice, including medical negligence resulting in injuries and illnesses such as:
- Child brain injuries – during surgery, a lack of monitoring can result in a lack of oxygen to the brain or a drop in blood pressure. An improper dosage of medicine or other medication errors can cause permanent brain damage.
- Meningitis – if a doctor fails to properly diagnose meningitis, the child may receive inappropriate treatment and incorrect antibiotics, allowing the disease to spread. In the most serious cases, meningitis can lead to deafness, brain injuries or even death.
- Strep infections – without proper treatment, strep infections can result in life-altering consequences. When doctors fail to pay attention to a child’s symptoms and fail to diagnose strep infections, these infections can spread.
- Bacterial infections – far too frequently, patients are put into the care of inexperienced residents who do not know all of the symptoms of bacterial infections or are left with nurses who don’t follow the doctor’s orders. Bacterial infections can spread to the blood, resulting in sepsis.
- Pneumococcal infections – without a timely and appropriate diagnosis, a child can be seriously injured. Failure to treat an infection may allow the infection to reach a child’s bloodstream, where it can spread to vital organs and require more intensive treatments.
The failure to properly diagnose illnesses can result in inappropriate and inadequate treatments. When treating children, it is important that health care professionals are especially attentive and aware; when they make mistakes, they should be held accountable through an Ohio medical malpractice lawsuit. A pediatric medical malpractice lawyer at the Cleveland offices of Mellino Robenalt, LLC can help.
When You Need to File an Ohio Medical Malpractice Lawsuit, We’re Here
For general information about legal claims arising from doctor negligence, please visit our Ohio medical malpractice information center. For specific information about your potential pediatric malpractice claim, it is best to speak with an attorney. Contact our offices today through email or call us at 216- 241-1901 to schedule a confidential consultation.