Margo Tennant Moore brings unique experiences, education and training to her legal practice, which primarily focuses on medical malpractice and other healthcare issues. As a registered nurse who has worked in critical care, surgical care, trauma and emergency room settings, Margo has a first-hand understanding of medical protocol and the complex issues that patients and doctors face.
Additionally, Margo is a Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management and served as director of patient safety and director of risk management for a northeast Ohio hospital. As such, she implemented safety practices, ensured that each department adhered to protocol and educated nurses.
Armed with that impressive background, Margo uses her law degree to provide clients with keen, nuanced insights into their healthcare issues and cases.
“Margo’s background is invaluable,” says Chris Mellino. “She’s able to provide a different perspective and give us an idea how the defense will view cases or experts. Before we hired her as an attorney, she was doing chart reviews for us as a consultant, summarizing reports and helping us get right to the heart of each case. She’s a huge asset to our team.”
Though her professional experience is impressive, Margo’s personal background feeds her passion for helping others medically and legally.
When Margo was a child, her mother developed multiple sclerosis. Before long, her mother required round-the-clock care. Additionally, she has a son with a lifelong illness.
“I would like to work on medical malpractice claims involving children, because my first-born son has had cerebral palsy since birth,” she says. “I’m able to identify with the parents of an injured child. I can definitely relate to that frustration.”
In her new role as plaintiff’s attorney, Margo would also like to help the underprivileged, especially those who reside in Lorain County, where she was born and raised. Her father and grandfather both served in the military, so she has an affinity for veterans, as well.
Margo is a lifelong resident of Lorain County and resides with her family in Avon Lake, Ohio.
Areas of Practice
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 2007
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Akron College of Nursing, B.S., 2004
- Lorain County Community College, Associate Degree, Nursing, 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Lorain County Bar Association, Member
- West Shore Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Lorain County Urban League, Executive Secretary, 2008-2010
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member, 2007-2011
- American Hospital Association, Member, 2007-2011
- American Society of Healthcare Risk Managers, Member, 2007-2011
- American Bar Association-Health Care Section, Member, 2007-2011
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2007-2011
- Cleveland-Marshall Journal of Law and Health, Business Editor, 2005-2007
Certificates and Professional Training
- ASHRM Barton Modules, 2009
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management, 2008