Giving birth to your child should be the most exciting time of your life, but it can often turn into a stressful and heartbreaking time if you have experienced a medical malpractice birth injury. While no person can control what will happen during a birth, there are some signs you can look for in the delivery room that may point to a case of medical malpractice. A Cleveland medical malpractice attorney suggests you to look for these signs:
- Your baby does not begin breathing after delivery;
- Your baby suffers a seizure within the first 48 hours of birth;
- Your doctor administers CPR or a breathing tube to your infant in the delivery room;
- Your baby suffers bruising, swelling or contusions to the face, head or shoulders; or
- Your baby comes out with limp arms and legs.
If you notice any or all of these signs during or immediately following childbirth, you may have a case of a medical malpractice birth injury. Contact a Cleveland medical malpractice attorney at Mellino Robenalt, LLC as soon as possible to begin the process of filing a claim against the negligent party who has caused harm to you and your baby.
Regardless of the type of treatment or procedure that went wrong, parents have to live with the heartbreak of watching their child go through the painful effects of botched medical care and possibly face a future of caring for a child with serious physical and mental challenges. Call 440-333-3800 to schedule a free consultation.