When you believe fraudulent activities are taking place within the healthcare system, you may have the right to compensation through a qui tam lawsuit. To learn if you have a valid claim, seek legal counsel.
In the meantime, the following are steps taken in a healthcare qui tam lawsuit:
- fraud is discovered or revealed;
- fraud discoverer begins to gather documents;
- consideration of discussing discovery with the employer because there may be a reasonable explanation;
- information is kept confidential and a lawyer is contacted;
- lawyer will determine if case is legitimate and worth pursuing;
- complaint and disclosure statement is prepared;
- government is notified;
- complaint filed under seal;
- disclosure statement is served;
- discoverer receives copies of documentation;
- government gives 60 days to investigate;
- decision on intervention; and
- case drops or moves into prosecution.
This can be a very lengthy process, which can last years. Patience and working closely with an experienced qui tam attorney is important.
The steps in a qui tam lawsuit in Cleveland, Ohio are similar for most of these cases. However, there may be unique factors that will affect the process along the way, which a lawyer can explain.
Seek Help from a Cleveland, Ohio Qui Tam Attorney
If you know of fraudulent healthcare activities, and would like to discuss your findings with a qui tam attorney in Cleveland, Ohio, contact Mellino Robenalt, LLC by calling 440-333-3800. You may be entitled to compensation, but you won’t know unless you contact an attorney experienced in these lawsuits. Call today for your consultation.