It’s dangerous out there on the road. There are many potential causes of auto accidents, so being vigilant while driving can help keep you and others safe. Learn the top five causes of a truck accident to help you prevent the many types of truck accidents that could occur.
- Making a left turn in front of a truck — A driver may underestimate the truck’s speed and make a left turn in front of the truck, causing it stop suddenly. This can cause the vehicle behind the truck to under ride, or the truck to jackknife.
- Pulling out in front of a truck — A car pulling out in front of the truck to travel in the same lane could be in danger if the truck can’t slow down in time. The truck could override the vehicle that pulled in front or jackknife.
- Trying to get around a turning truck — Because a truck may have to get into the left lane to make a right turn, a car may get into the right lane to pass the truck. This could cause the truck to hit the vehicle trying to pass or the vehicle may hit the truck, resulting in an under ride truck accident.
- Driving in the “no-zone” of a truck — Every truck as a blind spot area that drivers must avoid, or the truck driver may not see the vehicle when changing lanes. A vehicle that remains in the “no zone” could be side swept when the truck changes lanes.
- Improperly merging into traffic — When a car driver merges onto a highway, he or she must speed up or slow down. The truck may have to slow down suddenly if the car does not merge correctly onto the highway, which could lead to a serious auto accident.
For More Information Contact a Cleveland Truck Accident Attorney
If you’ve been in a truck accident and need representation, contact an experienced Cleveland truck accident attorney today. Have your case reviewed by the best in Ohio at Mellino Robenalt. Call 1-440-333-3800 now for a free consultation.