Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim against a Pharmacist with the Help of a Cleveland Medical Malpractice Attorney
When most people think of a medical malpractice claim they think of doctors, nurses and hospitals but did you know that a pharmacist can also be held liable in an Ohio medical malpractice case? Just like doctors, pharmacists are trained medical professionals who owe patients a duty of care. If a pharmacist fails to do so and acts in a negligent manner that causes harm or injury they may be found guilty of committing medical malpractice. Some common mistakes that can occur when dealing with a pharmacist can include:
- improper labeling of a medication causing a patient to take the wrong drug, too much or too little of a drug;
- inaccurate instructions to the patient on when or how to take a medication;
- failure to research a patient’s prescription history and giving them a drug that
- may interact badly with another medication they are taking and
- failure to warn a patient of significant side effects which may occur from taking a certain prescription drug
Unfortunately, thousands of these types of medication errors happen every year. Some patients may not realize a drug error was the cause of their illness or may be afraid to take legal action against a pharmacist. However, it is important to recognize that medication errors, even if the results are not harmful, are just as dangerous and illegal as any other act of medical negligence. If you believe you were injured because of a prescription mistake call an attorney today.
How Cleveland Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help
A medical malpractice claim can be confusing and complex and on top of an already stressful situation you may not know where to turn. A medical malpractice attorney can file the appropriate paperwork accurately and in a timely manner on your behalf. The Mellino Law Firm LLC can also handle the negotiations with the insurance company and other entities while you focus on getting better. Contact us today for a free consultation – 216-241-1901.