It’s common knowledge that you can file an Ohio medical malpractice claim against a doctor, hospital or surgeon. However, there are many other parties that could be held accountable for medical malpractice in Ohio. They include:
- Podiatrists - anyone licensed to practice podiatric surgery and medicine;
- Registered nurses – nurses with RN credentials from the state board of nursing;
- Licensed practical nurses – nurses licensed under the state board of nursing;
- Chiropractors – anyone licensed by the state chiropractic board;
- Optometrists – anyone licensed by the state board of optometry;
- Physical therapists – those with a license to practice physical therapy;
- Advanced practice nurses – certified nurse practitioners, certified registered nurse anesthetists and certified nurse midwives;
- Residential facility – a licensed home where mentally disabled or developmentally disabled individuals reside;
- Physician assistants – anyone with a valid certificate to practice; and
- Emergency medical technicians – anyone certified to perform EMT duties.
If a healthcare provider has been negligent in providing care, and you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries as a result, you may be able to file for an Ohio medical malpractice claim. To discuss your legal options, speak with an Ohio medical malpractice law firm.
Help From a Cleveland Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you have suffered severe injury or have lost a loved one as a result of medical neglect or medical malpractice in Ohio, it is important that you quickly contact an Ohiomedical malpractice law firm. The Clevelandmedical malpractice attorney team at Mellino Law Firm LLC offers specialized medical knowledge, exceptional trial skills and superior negotiating talent in pursuit of fair compensation for our clients. Want to learn more about how we can help you after a doctor or hospital’s negligence impacts your life? Contact us today for a free consultation – 1-216-241-1901.